The Place to Be!

Welcome to East China School District. This is the "place to be" if you are interested in enrolling a child in kindergarten through twelfth grade. To enroll in Riverview East High school you must make an appointment with the buildings principal. We hope you find the information you need but if you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 810.676.1031.

Forms required to enroll in the East China School District are available through this website. If you have started the enrollment process but need to submit the immunizations, proof of vision exam or health questionnaire you may send it via fax to 810.676.1034. Please be sure that every fax includes your child's name and school.

Rate this item
(3 votes)
  1. Review immunization requirements and obtain any necessary immunizations.
  2. Determine residency status, if necessary (Call the Enrollment office at 810.676.1031).
  3. Parents/Legal Guardians complete appropriate forms (see below).
  4. Deliver the completed forms and additional required documents to the Enrollment office located at 1585 Meisner Road.
Rate this item
(1 Vote)

Enrollment Form
Edulog Enrollment Card
Request for Student Records
Residency Affidavit
Request to Administer Medications
Proof of Immunity for Chicken Pox Disease
Free & Reduced School Meals Application
Special Education Placement Forms
Title IX Student Eligibility Certification (Indian Education Form)
State Issued Birth Certificate
Immunization Records
Two Proofs of Residency




 Enrollment Additional InformationEnrollment Additional Information

Rate this item
(0 votes)

What Is In District Open Enrollment?

East China Schools commonly allows resident students to attend school at the building of their choice, if certain requirements are met.

What Are The Minimum Requirements?

  • Space is available at the receiving building.
  • Transportation is provided by the student/family.
  • Approval from the "school of residence" principal is obtained.
  • Approval from the "school of choice" principal is obtained.
  • Approval from the Assistant Superintendent for Instruction is obtained.

How Do I Exercise My In District Open Enrollment Option?

  • Complete the Transfer Request form found below

What Happens Next?

  • After approving/rejecting the request, the Enrollment Department notifies the parents/student, building principals, and Student Services of the final decision.
  • If necessary, contact the school of choice to confirm the first day of attendance.

Important Notes:

  • A transfer request is building specific. A new request must be submitted if your child changes buildings for any reason.
  • Transfers, once granted, will remain in effect for at least one school year and continue in effect following that period unless the student, parent/guardian, or the school takes formal action to rescind the transfer.
  • Requests to rescind a previously approved transfer must be submitted in writing.


The East China School District In-District School of Choice program is available to students whose parents/legal guardians reside in the East China School District.  The enrollment application period for the 2016-2017 school year is March 1, 2017 through March 31, 2017.  Applications are available the ECSD Administrative Offices and may be submitted to:

Attention:  Enrollment
East China Administrative Office
1585 Meisner Road
East China, MI  48054

2017-2018 In District School of Choice Application

Rate this item
(0 votes)

Applications are available at the East China School District Administrative Offices or the St. Clair County RESA.

Completed applications must be returned to the St. Clair County RESA.

For more information please call East China School Distrist at 810.676.1031, St. Clair County RESA at 810.364.8990 or visit SCCRESA's web site at www.sccresa.org.

Page 1 of 2

Enrollment Staff

Office Hours

Monday - Friday
8:00am to 4:00pm

1585 Meisner Road
East China, Michigan
Phone: 810.676.1033
Fax: 810.676.1034